Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Don't think I want a wedding

My mom use to be a wedding coordinator (and daymn good one too) so since I was about 11 I knew what kind of wedding I wanted. My mother even told me its never to late to start organizing and I started my wedding notebook, all contingent on what my Groom might have in mind as well.

But now the older I've gotten and the more friends who have turned into Bridezilla's right in front of my face...I'm done with the thought of a wedding. Don't get me wrong I'm more than elated for my friends having their moment and enjoying it to the fullest I just don't think weddings are the thing that best suits me anymore.

I've seen my organized level head friends turn into controlling, steam blowing train wrecks all over one event. They come up with these ideas and rules that can't be broken yet don't really make sense to anyone else. Normally they would take advice listen and bounce ideas back but during that time no idea is right unless its there's and what they say goes if u wanna be in the privileged few to stand next to them.

Now maybe its b/c I'm unattached and don't see marriage crossing my path anytime soon in my life time but isn't this moment suppose to be about u and ur lover uniting as one? At that point I don't think I would give a goodly dud what anyone is wearing, who is there, or where we are. Just knowing that man and I are become man and wife one unit seems to the most important thing.

Weddings are suppose to be this great happy occasion yet in our day and age all they seem to do is drain ur wallet and bring out the worst in everyone involved in putting on the main event.

But then again I'm not in love, heck I'm not even dating anyone so what do I know about this subject. What I do know is that my 15+year old wedding book is permanently retired and I don't wanna see it again until I'm old and gray and laughing in remembrance, b/c I'm so through with all the extra unnecessary BS that is now surrounding what is suppose to be a HAPPY memorable occasion.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment